Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Spiritual Experience, Elder Duncan and Changes

Where do I begin?

It hit me yesterday how soon I'm going home. What I realized is that I don't want to go. I had one of the most spiritual experiences in my whole mission yesterday. I realized how I really don't want to leave here. How much I love the people and what the mission has really done for me. I'm worried when I get to the airport the only way you'll recognize me is by my name tag. Haha I'm a completely different person...Well I think so. We'll see what you guys think. I just really know that these things are true. My testimony has grown in a way that I didn't think was possible. Now with only 2 weeks left I'm going to have to work as hard as I can. I mean it's going to be kinda hard let's be honest but at the same time I've really been able to understand why this Gospel is so important and that should help me stay focused.

I'm not sure if I told you guys or not but this week we had a conference with Elder Duncan of the Quorum the 70. We had an awesome meeting. It was all about the vision that we should have as missionaries and how it should be the same vision for us. Also he made us a promise. Well I guess better said a prophet made this promise and he told us about it. Apparently he promised that one day in Guatemala the church will have more influence than anything. More than soccer, more than the catholic church, more than everything. He made the comparison to Utah and how it is the biggest influence there. We said that the Lord's vision of all our wards is that each one becomes a stake. For some reason I don't think I'm going to be here when that happens but I believe that with the diligent work of the missionaries and members in some future time it will become a reality.


Ok that was the coolest thing that happend this week. I don't have much time because there's a lot to do now that I'm dying. I hope you guys have an awesome week and see you this month!!!!!!!! Love you guys BYE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment