Monday, August 19, 2013

Send Your Extra Watermelon to Guatemala

HI FAMILY!!!!!


Crazy week this week. We actually didn't have a bunch of time but it was good. Some unexpected things happened so now I`ll just tell you, we have the whole area to ourselves now!! One of the Elders here was waiting for his visa to go to Argentina and he finally got it so he left. So we got Elder Ruiz in a trio for less than 24 hours! Ha yeah wednesday we were in a trio. That night the secretaries called us and told us Elder Ruiz had changes and so he left and it`s just us two in this area now. We'll be alone for only 2 more weeks though cause two new ones are coming in the changes.

Elders Anderson and Layton at the Guatemala City Temple


So yeah we've been working and the last two Elder`s left some pretty awesome investigators. I'm definitely expecting to see some more baptisms in this area. I hope I`m here for 6 months.We've been teaching people that have such a strong testimony! They read and told us they have a testimony of everything we say but she told us she doesn't want to pray. We asked her why and she told us cause she`s positive she`s going to receive an answer and she`s scared haha. Her husband already told us he`s going to get baptized when they can get married. He has to get divorced but that should be easy he has all the papers. Ok sorry if I told you about them already. HA you get to read it again...or maybe this is the first time.

Also contacting we found 2 people who are really receptive. One of them is married to a inactive member and just got married and had a baby. She wants to have her daughter grow up in a house with the Gospel. They've come to church twice now and she wants to be baptized. So yeah it`s been a crazy week and we're definitely been working harder than I'm used to. Time is WAY too fast here! I almost have a year! And yeah I'm almost 20 years old. 

They named this dog "Layton"
Ok I'm running out of time cause I was reading and studying Mom`s letter haha. Oh mom do you remember when we used to eat dinner and if I didn't finish you told me kids in Africa didn't have food? I used to say well send it to Africa! Now I have the same advice for you. If you can`t finish all the Watermelon don`t worry about it. You can just send it all down. I'm almost positive it`s a sin to waste Watermelon. I do eat it sometimes here which is good but there`s never too much. So yeah no more time. I`ll try to send pictures this week. Good luck with everything there in the States. Curtis since when do you play water polo?? That`s crazy. You're going to be super buff when I get home. But oh well I`m going to be taller.

Ok Bye


PAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment