Monday, July 28, 2014

The Case of the Disappearing Investigator

So the new house looks pretty nice! Is it big inside? Sure hope so cause the next time that I have changes I'm going there!! WOO!! Haha ok don't worry I'm still able to stay focused and everything. But just so you know they already bought my plane ticket and everything. I leave Guatemala at 7:30 in the morning and I'll get to Redmond shortly after....at 10:30 at night. I'll be in Los Angeles for 2 or 3 hours and then in Salt Lake for 5. Ha should be fun. but hey I still got a lot of time left here so don't worry I'm working. But a quick question. Mom were you able to find more out about that job at Les Schwab?

Anyways this week was really good. I honestly was barely in my area cause I had to do a few baptismal interviews but oh well. I actually wasn't able to do the interviews that I wanted. The person just completely disappeared. Oh well this coming week I should be able to do it and another one. It's weird. In the District almost nobody has baptismal dates or investigators but they are baptizing and it looks like in these coming weeks we should also have a baptism. We have an investigator named Josùe who always wanted to know EVERYTHING before getting baptized. We tried to explain that it doesn't matter how much we know rather it matters if we get an answer from the Holy Ghost. This week when I was in another area my companion and the other missionary watched the Restoration video with him. Basically he started crying and said that he knows that this is all true and he felt the Spirit really strongly. So yeah he's our most progressing investigator.

Anyways on divisions we had a good time. I went to an area called Santa Fe. This has got to be my favorite area. The airport is in their area and where they live is one of the last houses that the plane passes over before landing. It touches down over a little hill about 50 yards from the house. So yeah needless to say I probably looked like a little kid all day watching the planes come overhead and at night of course I had to climb onto the roof to watch them. It's almost at the point when I had to duck every time one came by. Haha good times in Santa Fe. Anyways we couldn't do their interview the first day cause the kid disappeared so apparently he was going to be there the day after. Anyways we did divisions again but the kid wasn't there again....Anyways I have to go back this week to actually do it.

Also to let you guys know I have already met the new President. He is WAY cool. He'll be really good for the mission. For the fact that he has been doing interviews like crazy they haven't come to our language study yet but we'll see if they do this coming week. It should be fun.


Ok so that's bout all for the week. Thanks to more weird computer problems I can't send pictures...I should be able to next week though. Love you guys and have an awesome week in the new house. If you want you can just leave the boxes packed and when I get home I can do it. You know because  ya me falta poco.

No comments:

Post a Comment