Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Dad Realized that What People Say in the Street Isn't True

Man your week was a lot crazier than mine. That's insane! Too bad though....I was kinda looking forward to seeing the new house. But oh well it happened for a reason right? The Lord will help you guys find something else. You should send me pictures of the new house that you guys are going to be living in now. I mean I only have about 8 weeks left in the mission so I would like to know where I'm living soon.

(Actually, we miraculously found a nice home to live in right in the middle of an insane rental market. We'll live here while we continue searching for the right lot to build on or the right home to buy. So he was right - we were blessed to find something.)

Ok to let you know these computers aren't that great either so the internet is SUPER slow and that's why I don't have any time. Ok so let's see. This week was interesting. President Caffaro is here now and apparently he is AWESOME. I haven't met him but since I'm the DL of the secretaries I have heard a lot. In fact I'm really close to the offices and everything right? Well Apparently Sister Caffaro doesn't know much spanish and so the Assistentes called me. They assigned me to teach her spanish I guess. They're going to sometimes come to our Language studies and I guess I'll just have to think way back to when they taught me spanish because I don't know how to teach. It should be fun though. I'll let you guys know how that goes.

Ok as for my week it was interesting. I must say I'm pretty stumped. It's a tough area. We can contact all day long but nobody wants to listen. Usually we are able to at least have investigators but here we barely have any. The ones we have though are awesome. We are teaching 6 people. All of them came to church on Sunday which is awesome! They should progress but I also think it might be a bit of a slower process than with other investigators that I've had. They have a lot of desire to know and learn though. Josue is one of them and really is interesting. Before he didn't listen at all to missionaries but finally the missionaries that were here before convinced him to listen and now he is really interested. He wants to know EVERYTHING. The lessons with him last a long time because he has a TON of questions but really good questions too. I'm hoping to see him get baptized soon. We're going to try again to put a baptismal date with him this week.

So let's see what else happened...well really nothing else. In the District we had 3 baptisms this week and I had to do divisions and do all the interviews. These people were so ready to be baptized. 2 of them were in the same family. They completely have changed thanks to the Gospel. Before they didn't want ANYTHING with missionaries but finally the missionaries got in because they received a reference (the son of the family) and they contacted him. Finally they got in and the Dad realized that what people say in the street isn't true so he started to listen. The son still hasn't got baptized but the Dad and Mom have. They are really cool.

So my companion is doing really well. For a newbie he works really well. I even had to leave him in the area by himself when I did the interviews and he did perfectly fine. These last couple weeks should be really fun.


Anyways I hope all goes well in the move. I hope the house is ok and everything. That's seriously crazy what happened. You'll see. The house you guys were going to buy is going to burn down in a week or so. At least we're not changing wards right? So yeah hope you guys have an awesome week. I'll send pictures next week. Love you guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment