Monday, August 18, 2014

The Guy in the Random Car

HI FAMILY!!!

This is one of my last e-mails to you guys. Can you believe it?? Know something crazy? If I would've gone home early to study (at BYU) I would be in an airplane right now....going home today...Weird right? But hey for some reason I stayed so I'm going to work hard. Don't worry.

OK Mom with my bed I've got it all figured out. Don't worry. If you remember right the reason Sean didn't get his bed was because he was going straight to his studies. In my case I will be home for 4 months which is a very long time. Therefore it is necessary that I rest both my body and mind from these Guatemalan twin beds. Now then comes the problem of privacy. Don't worry about it. I have a solution. I have learned how rewarding hard work is in the two years that I have served as a representative of Jesus Christ. Thanks to this great blessing I will be able to work hard when I get home as well. One of the first things that I will do is all by myself I will move my bed into the other guest room and the guest room bed into Curtis' room. We can all see here how I have masterfully found a solution for all problems. And don't worry there's more!! When it comes time to go to college I can STILL work hard and change the beds back! This solution is good for us all and I know the in goodness of Curtis' heart he will understand this. Problem solved. (And don't worry if it comes down to it Curtis can steal the TV from the other room.... but only if I get my bed :)

So this week honestly was kinda hard. I once again had to leave the area twice and my companion was kinda left on his own. That's got to be pretty hard as a new kid. But hey whatever. This week I shouldn't have to leave. This week coming up is going to be great. We have a ward activity that we planned. It's going to be a talent show. Everyone is doing a talent and we gave them all invitations to give away to other people. We're hoping to be able to find a lot of people through this.

Yesterday something kinda funny happened. We were walking to church yesterday morning. A random car (really nice) pulled up out of nowhere and some guy asked us where the chapel was. We told him but he asked us to get in and show him. So yeah we got in to show him. I started talking to them and it turns out that they came from Mexico! So when we got to the chapel and started the meeting was when I actually realized it. We had gotten a ride from a member of the area presidency...a 70 haha. The thing is they just changed the presidency around so he was the new guy and so I didn't recognize him. 

He spoke in church and he gave the 3rd class and it was absolutely incredible. He explained in depth the scriptures in D&C 84 19-22. It's really interesting how he explained it. Basically he said the the real reason we go to church is to do ordinances. The purpose of a Quorum or a class is to help others to receive ordinances. The only way to see God after this life is to do all of the ordinances of the gospel. That should be the biggest desire of all of us. He finished by asking us to think of something. Do we want to see God and live with him or no? But really a really good message.


Anyways that's what I got for you guys right now. My time is about up. Sorry that I didn't tell you much about the investigators today...Have an awesome week. I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment