Monday, October 1, 2012

Ya Se Va a Guatemala


Activity at the "Fuego" volcano just outside Guatemala City is increasing.
Ok so this week was pretty good. A lot happened and again it's hard to remember cause every day kinda seems the same. We had to teach a bunch of lessons all in Spanish of course. It's crazy hard but I'm kinda getting the hang of it I guess. Oh and I found out that Briana was in my zone before and all my teachers were hers. Brother Ridge went crazy when he realized we are related haha. All of our classes are really good but kinda long.

I love it here and everything but I'm definitely ready for a change of scenery. I leave tomorrow at 4:30. We get to LA around 9 so I'm not sure if I'll have time to call you from Salt Lake but I might. So if I don't call around 5:30 don't freak out. We have to fly all night too Mom! It's going to be rough in classes the next day but we'll get over it.

Yesterday we went to a departure devotional that was awesome. He said everyone going to Guatemala stand up and there was only like eight of us. It should be fun going to the CCM down there The devotional was all about what type of missionary we want to be and it was given by the MTC president, President Brown. We also had a fireside right after that was crazy good. It was on how people are converted to the Gospel and what they need to feel. It was by some guy whose name I don't remember so sorry...

Well I'm glad Curtis got a phone! That's pretty cool. Don't spend too much time on it little bro! It will rot your brain! Talking about phones that's kinda cool Brother xxxx got some of my talk on camera (check the video of his Sacrament Meeting talk, now located on the sidebar). That talk seems like it was forever ago! It seriously seems like you dropped me off at the airport like a year ago. But hey still only two years to go...

I can't believe Michael got called to Ecuador! That's awesome. I know a kid here going there and he's super excited. who knows maybe they will be companions. I also know a kid going to the Eugene Oregon mission so if our ward ever gets Elders again he might be in it. But who knows if he'll actually be in Bend. The Guatemala Guatemala City South Mission though I must say is the second best in the world, right after the Mexico City South Mission. (OK, I edited that part.) It's crazy I'm going to be there tomorrow late at night! This last week has flown by and tomorrow I'll be flown out of here.

Yeah Mom I got the package so thank you! I hope you actually didn't want me to save that candy for the plane cause, well I didn't. Oops. It will be too late to eat candy anyways so I ate it after the Hasta Ver (farewell) last night. It was pretty much a party, if you can imagine a bunch of Elders partying on Sunday. So it was really just eating food. Well I have to go but I hope you guys are all doing well. Later today I will send pictures but I can't on these computers so don't worry you should get some today. Not one by the map but I'll get that before I leave here. I miss you guys and hope Bend is alright without me. Buh Bye.    

No comments:

Post a Comment