Monday, May 13, 2013

So Want to Know a Little More Why I Was Late to Call You Guys?




So I`m thinking just now that this e-mail won`t probably be the longest considering we talked yesterday and I told you guys everything already. It`s been another tough week but not like the last one I guess.

The sign reads "Evangelical Church Fount (or Spring) of Salvation"
So lets see...Good news first always right? So we went by to see why ______ couldn`t come to church last week because we heard her Mom wouldn`t let her. What happened is the Mom fought with her a lot this week and so didn`t let her go to church. She still has no problem with her daughter being baptized as long as she doesn`t fight with her Mom as much haha. So yeah we taught them a little lesson and after we found out they speak Keksheek (Noooo idea how to spell that). It`s some language here that they only speak in a few places. I made them promise to teach it to me if I teach them English haha. So that`s going to be cool. 

So what else? Oh we were contacting somewhere and we entered the house of someone named ________. We found out that he had already talked to missionaries not a very long time ago. We taught him The Restoration and I think he liked it. He`s super Catholic though. We ended up explaining the Book of Mormon and he had a ton of questions. He asked for the name of the angel that appeared to Joesph Smith and a ton of other questions and then told us he`s going to go on internet to research it more and find out more stuff. We definitely warned him to be careful and he could easily find things that aren`t true. After that we invited him to go to Mormon.org and to study there and he said he would so that`s good.

Here I am in the miracle with you
So want to know a little more why I was late to call you guys? We had a lesson with Hna. ________ and it went actually really good. If you guys don`t remember she`s the one who has a super strong testimony and always reads and everything but doesn`t want to get baptized. But when we knocked on her door we didn`t plan on going in. We just wanted to put an appointment with her. But we ended up going in and teaching. She likes to talk to so I knew we were going to be awhile. We taught an awesome lesson though about the Holy Ghost and D&C 6:22-23. She has had doubts about how she can receive an answer and in what ways. But she told us stories when she felt the Spirit super strong so we shared those scriptures with her and we told her "what bigger testimony can we recieve than from God?" She definitely liked that and especially when we explained that she`s already felt the Holy Ghost. The problem is she`s just a super smart lady and I think she over-analyzes some things. Hopefully we can clear up the rest of her doubts.

To answer your questions Mom. I almost never ever speak English. Only Mondays when there are Gringos here. During the week though almost never. So yeah just spanish. As for my clothes a different lady washes them then our Comedor. She uses a machine too so that`s cool. All my clothes are holding up perfecting fine. The hem in a few of my pants has come out which is annoying but it`s suuuper cheap here to repair that so whatever. Shoes are good and everything else. As for my comp Mothers Day in Nicaragua I guess is the 30th so he`ll call then.  

Elder Layton says that they do the cake in the face thing there too
Anything else? I think not. I`m super happy we got to talk and everything. It was great even though Curtis slept through it all. Only 7 more months to go until we talk again. Hey that`s nothing. I`ll have 15 months by then though...Crazy fast the mission...

Ok goodbye family and enjoy the carpet for me. Also have fun doing Curtis`s Eagle project. Sorry I can`t be there to help but hey I`m doing something more important...sorry Curtis but hey it`s true. So yeah with that I shall bid thee farewell. Until Monday comes again my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment