Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Challenging Week


Looking over the ruins from last week's visit
Well hey guys. I`m going to warn you now I`m not going to be writing a lot this week. I don`t have a ton of time. This week would have to be one of the most stressful weeks of my mission, therefore my life as well. Like our investigator that was looking really good didn`t come to church this week. I usually wouldn`t be super worried about that but she didn`t come because her Mom didn`t want her to. So yeah I`ve been worried about that. Hopefully when we pass by it`s not what we`re thinking. And yeah she`s a little younger than 18 so her parents have to let her get baptized. 

So this week consisted of a lot of contacting and a lot of appointments that fell. That`s never happened before right? Yeah we did have a few good appointments I guess but up to now we have a total of only one progressing investigator. 

But hey this week they`re are going to completely change our area I guess. We`re going to find out about it and details on Sunday because we don`t know anything right now. Hopefully the area grows a bit and we gain some people. I would like that. I guess I`ll just tell you what happens on Sunday! Cool right? Last email until we talk. That should be good. 

A stela at the ruins - it says "Nephi was here"
So to update you on the people here. The baptism that fell was the girl in Familia ______. We`re going to go by today to find out what exactly happened. I`m freaking out. As for the boys in Familia _______ they didn`t come to church...again. As much as they love the messages something is keeping them from coming. So yeah pray for all them. The boyfriend of ______ didn`t come to church either which was tough. We also invited him to be baptized. He accepted to be baptized but not the date of the 25thof May. Maybe he will after he prays about it and everything. 

Oh funny story. We went into a house of a super Catholic lady named ______. We had a good lesson and everything and she said the closing prjayer which was super long and all about Mary...Right before she said amen she said, "ahora voy a cantar una estrofita." She started to sing forever. The member that was with us (a kid about 16 years old) only at this point woke up cause he had fallen asleep and was super confused. Haha so yeah kinda funny.

So cool to hear about everything there. Mom you ready to finish your last eagle project? Haha should be a good one. Good luck. Also I can almost call whenever on Sunday so I`ll talk to you saturday to figure it out. Only 40 minutes this time...Yeah how lame is that. Ok so that`s about it. No time left. Adios familia!

1 comment:

  1. Tough week for sure. Hang in there Elder and I vaguely heard about an Eagle project so shoot me an email if you would so we can come help D. Thanks

    ReplyDelete