Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Blessings Through Service


Well hello there once again my family! How is everything with you guys? Here in Guatemala it is pretty good.

So lets see. I got all the pictures which were cool. Bien hecho Curtis with the project and with doing all your scouts. As boring as it is sometimes it really pays off...Well I think it pays off. I haven`t really seen the benefits yet but hey maybe some day I will. Also glad to here everyone is doing alright there in the States. So on to the week, let`s see.

This week was hard but also awesome at the same time. To start no one could come to church this week. We didn't have anyone there. How lame is that? We definitely passed by a lot of houses but everyone was either sleeping or had an excuse. I was super disappointed yesterday. 

So what else. Yesterday we had another lesson with Hna. __________! We got there and first off we help her and her husband with a ton of things. She`s turning her house into a Pre-School so we helped her move a ton of stuff and the member we had with us took apart her washing machine and fixed it. So yeah she was super happy for the help. After we had a good lesson about the Plan of Salvation. I think she really liked it. I can honestly say yesterday I saw a little change in her. She told us she always tries to rationalize everything we teach and doesn't really look at it Spiritually but she told us she`s trying to look at it more spiritually and she knows that`s what she has to do. She also told us one reason she hasn't been baptized is because this is a really hard part in her life. She said she doesn't want to be baptized right now and then regret it later. She wants to do it cause she wants to but she's soooo ready to be baptized...seriously. 

Besides that this week was pretty normal. I don't know if I mentioned to you guys we're teaching the family of a clown. It`s funny. every time we go over there he gives us a magic show. He`s really good too. I get so confused sometimes. They also love when we come visit them cause they live kinda out of the way and they were super surprised when we bothered to go out there just for them. But they're a super cool family. They just haven't been able to come to church but hey maybe we can get them to come this Sunday. Tomorrow we're going over there to do a ton of service so that should be good. 

What more? We had our interviews! I have to say our Mission President is awesome. He taught me a ton of cool things. I asked him a question I've been wondering about for awhile and he gave me a really interesting answer that I've never thought about before. 

(Note: The remainder of Eric's letter contains some personal experiences. We've chosen not to include it here.)

1 comment: