Monday, May 5, 2014

The Angry Pastor

As always this week was really good. We had a cool activity with the young men and women in the branch and we got a lot of work done. Oh and I should mention, looks like we're going to have a baptism this week!!!

Anyways I should start back on Wednesday. We had a cita in an aldea which is basically like a little town outside of the main town. It is about three miles away. We went in a bus to visit a family that is really cool. The Dad and a daughter have come to church a few times. We got there at four planning to take the 5:00 bus back to Progreso. After the lesson though we helped them stack fire wood and then his wife made us food so we left the house at about 5:10....Anyways we missed the bus and decided to walk cause the next bus was going to come at 6. It was actually a really pretty walk but we started walking faster when we heard thunder and the sky got really dark. You guys know where this is going right? Anyways we were still a bit over a mile away and it started to POUR. Of course we didn't have umbrellas either. Anyways we took a nice bath and the bus came past as we entered the city......apparently a bus decided to pass by earlier than 6 and came by at about 5:30....So yeah that was actually really fun. We after went straight to a branch activity that we have every Wednesday and all the members were laughing at us cause we were still wet.

Lesson learned. In Guatemala in the month of May it is ALWAYS smart to have an umbrella.

Anyways like I mentioned we also had a good activity with the YM and YW. We did a Mini-Mission. Fridays night we got them all together and planned like we do as missionaries for the next day. The next day we got to the chapel at 6:00 to exercise! It was really funny they were all dying. Anyways afterwards we started studies like normal and they somehow were able to stay really focused. The spirit was really strong when we started to  practice how to contact people. They all tried and did alright. They sounded like robots though but hey probably better than my first contacts. So my companion and I did divisions with members of the ward and we went out to contact! My group was walking along and were really shy and didn't talk to anybody. I tried making it a game and told them that the first to contact a man with a mustache wins but still they wouldn't do it! So anyways I decided to do the first one to show them that it was easy and I contacted a man with a mustache and introduced the kids in my group. When they started talking I turned around for two seconds only to see my "companion" tell me "Oh my gosh what have you done?!" As I turned around I realized that my nice mustached man was actually a very angry Pastor! Ha oh man you guys should have seen how hard he rejected those kids. It was disgusting. One of the hardest rejections I've seen in my mission. The whole classic "John Smith can't save you", and "You guys are all going to hell if you don't repent". And other stuff that was really tough. Anyways the Young Women afterwards were crying and I tried to help them out but it was tough. Haha after a bit though they were able to compose themselves and actually had a really good day contacting. And now they all have the story that their first contact was a pastor. After in the afternoon we went to some appointments and had a really good day.

So yeah that's what happened this week. Oh also Mom I got the package!! The egg is completely destroyed though but maybe I can lick the caramel off the cardboard haha. But really thanks. You know me too well and the things I like. Also Mom I need a favor. I was assigned the topic of Family History work in a special activity that we're going to have so I don't know if you could look up just a couple of our ancestors and send me a couple of cool short stories about them to share.

Thanks for everything and I love you guys a ton. I'll call you guys Saturday night to see what we do about skype. If it doesn't work out I guess we'll just have to talk by phone....talking about that we just lost our phone this week.....I'll see what I do.


¡¡¡¡¡Adios!!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment