Tuesday, November 27, 2012

First Report From Zacapa


All right just a warning right now. This e-mail isn`t going to be very long because I have my pictures coming. There are a good amount so it might take a few e-mails. But hey usually it won`t have this many to send all at once.
View from Zacapa Apartment
OK this week was good. We taught a lot of lessons and contacted into a couple of people. It`s kinda hard here actually to commit people to things. Most people work on Sundays or live really far away so it`s hard. Well we`re still trying. This week the other Elders had a baptism so we got to go to that. It was really good. They had their wedding right before it too. We still don`t have any baptismal date or anything but we might get one in the next couple weeks. Our investigators are good but we don`t have one man. It`s kind of weird but we just have single women and their families. I hope we get some more this week. We definitely walk a ton. Probably 10 miles a day. I don`t know though. My shoes are 100% fine. Well besides the fact they are pretty dirty. I shine them and then the next day they`re filthy again. Oh well if I ever go to the city it`s not like that there. Hmmm what else. I haven`t got sick here. There have been a couple times where my stomach kinda hurt but not really. Apparently I`m definitely going to get sick at some point but I hope to break the tradition.
The Plaza
 This year I kinda forgot Thanksgiving. Yeah it wasn`t until someone asked me what black Friday was (because they saw it in the newspaper) that I realized the day before was Thanksgiving. Oops. They don`t do anything special for it here but I was expecting that. Christmas is going to be a party though. I can`t wait to get my package and eat all the candy. Oh yeah and thanks for sending another (copy of his patriarchal) blessing. It`s kinda a pain that I left it but oh well I`ll survive  It`s weird I`ve been out for 2 weeks already.

Elders Layton y Alvarado

OK for more details. We have familia _________ but the Mom can`t come to church cause she works and this is the family where the kids only come cause the 14 year old is in love with my comp. They like having the lessons I think but they`re not really progressing. Not exactly sure what we`re going to do but we`ll figure it out.

At the Guatemalan CCM

Lilian _______ lives really far from church and so doesn`t come. She likes the lessons a ton though and I think we might be able to get her to come. We haven`t been teaching her very long and I think she`s pretty receptive.

First Area of Zacapa
Hermana ________ is basically doing everything she needs to. Well she can barely read and so it`s hard for her to read the Book of Mormon. It takes her almost 3 minutes to read a verse but she tries. It`s good. She has come to church too and has a ton of questions so we just need to keep teaching.

District in the Provo MTC
Those are probably our three main ones. It`s fun here. Oh yeah I should probably mention, because we are 4 hours from the capital I only get mail every 6 weeks. So I won`t be able to respond to anything really. This month I might get it sooner cause in 2 weeks we go to the capital so all the newbies can have another interview with the President. OK well I have to go and start sending pictures. These pictures are kind of mixed up so sorry I can`t tell you exactly what each one is. Some are in Provo with my District and some friends in our zone, some are in the CCM, some are the view from our house, and others are a veiw of our entire area. The ones that are kinda a desert looking thing, that`s in Pueblo Modelo, 5 miles out of Zacapa where we walk to all the time....Alright bye, And Briana HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
If You Followed His Finger to the Left & Slightly Up, You'd End Up Close to My First Area in Acapulco, Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment