Monday, January 21, 2013

The Holy Ghost Teaches of Things That "Aren't True"??

Elder Layton Is Amused by a Local, Innocent Cow

Well hello again family. How is the snow going? I assume it`s still awesome. OK so Alexa is going to Peru? That`s so awesome! She`s definitely going to learn the best language in an awesome country. Also too bad about Mom being kinda sick and Tyson's family. I hope you`re feeling better Mom and I wish the best for the Adams.

OK so where to start I'm not really sure. In all honesty not a bunch of stuff happened this week but it was good. As I told you Elder Christopherson came to our mission to speak. We couldn't go to The Capital to actually see him though which was kinda lame but they had a camera and broadcast it here so we could see. He can speak Spanish which was cool but the sound was all messed up for a lot of it so we couldn't hear about half and when we finally could it was really quiet. So it was in Spanish and I could barely hear. ¡Que Bueno! It was really good though from what I could get out of it and I`ll remember it for a long time. 

Also one of the guys that spoke served his mission here in Guatemala and said "A lot of people ask me where my favorite area was in all of Central America (cause the mission was almost all of it at that time) and I loved them all. But I would have to say my favorite would be Zacapa...Why are you laughing?" Yeah it was pretty good. I actually really do like my area and just grateful I`ll probably be gone the hottest part of the year. The day after we had a Zone Conference with our President which was really awesome. It was really long but I didn't really care cause we learned a ton of stuff and I learned more about Christopherson`s talk that I couldn't hear the day before.

Unknown Church in Zacapa
OK let`s see...I`m trying to think of something else. Oh yeah we have an investigator who came to church (and loved it) and so now can be baptized. She has her interview tomorrow so I have to do divisions with the District Leader here and we`re going to baptize her this Saturday! It`s going to be awesome. Talking about baptisms that reminds me. There was two this past Saturday, from other areas. In the first they told me about two minutes before I had to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. It actually went really good I thought until I told everyone that the Holy Ghost teaches of all things that aren't true...Oops. I threw a "no" in there for some reason and everyone laughed but yeah it was funny. Other than that it was good. And after that, at both of them me and Elder Alvarado had to teach lesson 3 while they were changing. It went really good too and I`m definitely able to teach better than I was before.

OK That`s about all I got this week. Nothing else really happened. We just kinda walked around in the heat. I hope everything is going OK. Oh yeah good luck with being Coordinating Sister Briana. That`s awesome!

OK bye...Adios familia.

No comments:

Post a Comment