Monday, January 14, 2013

Understanding "Almost Everything" (Already?)

Hello family. OK mom I would like to start with saying I actually miss scraping the ice off my car for seminary so I don´t feel to bad for you. I'm not enjoying the heat but I'm a missionary and I'm enjoying that so oh well. It's weird - it's already starting to get hotter here and it never rains really so it always feels really hot and you can't escape it.

Yeah Mom I know Elder See. He's cool. He's not in my district but he's in my zone so I see him every once in awhile.

Just Say "NO" to coffee beans
That's insane that Alexa has put in her papers! I never would've thought that - that's really awesome. I'm going to have to guess she will go to Australia  Don't know why but it's going to happen. Also with Dallin and Micheal getting ready to enter the MTC ...or CCM for Micheal, good luck! You guys will love it. It's still weird for me everyone is going on missions. Well the Layton family will literally be all around the world teaching people. How cool is that?!

So for this week there wasn't a whole lot that was new. We had a baptism date for this coming Saturday but had to move it back a week because the girl is having problems at work and couldn't come to church. She has a testimony and everything and wants to be baptized but just needs to come to church again. I'm just hoping that if I have changes this time that she will be baptized before that. 

Also we have been teaching a man with only one leg. He's already been to church enough and absolutely loves it. He just needs to hear the lessons and I think he would want to get baptized. We'll get a date next time maybe. Both me and my companion would have to be in the water to help him out. That would be a pretty cool experience. 

This past Saturday the other Elders in Zacapa had a baptism which was really good. I had to direct the meeting and me and Elder Alvarado had to teach lesson 3 while they were changing. It actually went really good and I realized my Spanish is definitely coming along. In church the next day I could understand almost everything. Definitely some don de lenguas (gift of tongues) going on here. Oh yeah and then later that Sunday night the Hermanas in Zacapa called and said the person in their area who is getting baptized this Saturday wants me to baptize her! So I was happy about the until their Bishop told the girl we can't baptize them and we have to have members do it...Yeah so I don´t know where he got that. Obviously it's a good idea to have members do it but hey that doesn't mean we can't. Well I still might but we´ll just see.

Preferred Transportation
Enough rambling that´s basically it this week. Oh yeah I didn't tell you about the drunk man talking to me. Well yeah that happens a lot but this time it was during a lesson with Alfredo and the whole time "Hey I lived in Pennsylvania and can talk English Spanish and Italian." "Oh really well that's nice..." "Hey I lived in Pennsylvania and....." Yeah me and my comp were laughing pretty hard because he just kept saying that.

OK for real that´s basically my week. Hope everything is going well over there and enjoy that freezing cold for me. I guess Global Warming is only effecting this part of the world where no one actually drives...

Ok bye familia and have a good week!

Foto - Me on what I really want to start using to contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment