Monday, February 18, 2013

The Peruvian Monkey Revisited


Me and my comp at a members birthday dinner...soooo good.
Hey family - OK a lot has happened this week. I really don't know where to start. I won't leave you hanging and I'll tell you the news. We found out today that the end of June our mission is being split. My old area won't be part of this mission anymore! Yeah so everyone outside of just a few few areas here won't be part of our zone. If I am changed before the end of June I won't be in the South mission anymore maybe. But hey we'll see. There's going to be two new missions here. East and Coban. So yeah pretty crazy right! What if I said that wasn't totally the craziest thing that happened this week... I'll leave that story for the end ha.

So this week was good. To answer your questions Elder Villacis is from Ecuador so yes he is a native Spanish speaker. He hardly knows English but I´m teaching him cause he really wants to learn. 

Our ward is awesome. The members are really nice and everything but the ward isn't huge about 80 people every Sunday. So this week was just contacting again. We basically just do that here. But hey we have found some people to teach. 

Cool story. We were contacting and having no success. We were in this little street like an ally way cause that´s how it is everywhere here. A guy came up to us and we could tell he was a bit drunk but not too bad. We just thought it was another crazy guy. He told us though that he really wanted to stop drinking and he knew that we could help him. He's really trying but we´re going to teach him. His name is _______ and we're going to teach him and his family. 

So yeah that happened and also this. We got a call from a man named _______ this week. We was an old investigator that couldn't be baptized cause he couldn't get married. He didn't have his papers and stuff so he wasn't able to, even though he and his "wife" really wanted to. So that was a long time ago. He said on the phone that he sold his TV so he could travel to El Salvador to get all his papers. He said we had to come over and visit him right away haha. So we did when we could and he was soooo excited to finally be able to be baptized. We have a date the 9th of March for his marriage and baptism. It's kinda far away cause his wife is pregnant and the baby will be here probably this week and we're hoping she'll have time to recover. We might have to move it back just a bit though but we´ll see. He's seriously super excited. 

Told you my bathroom was small.

OK besides that we really only taught one other lesson. And with him we put a baptismal date for the 9th of March too! He´s excited to and wants to be baptized. He just needs to come to church again. It´s really cool all this is happening cause the last baptism in this area was December. Before that was the last April. So yeah good times in Boulevard. We´re working hard and it´s paying off. We definitely get rejected here a lot more than in Zacapa which is kinda sad but hey we´ll find the people who are ready. Cross your fingers for us.

Mom when we have to be in at 5 30 we just study and stuff. We have permission to walk to our Comedors house for dinner every night so we have fun there. Oh yeah also random thought. If I´m here when they split the mission I´l basically be in the Cap my whole mission. Oh well I got to experience outside too.

So crazy story time cause I´m running out of time. Last night at my  Comedors house for dinner there was a new guy I had never met. I think he's family. I introduced myself and he said ´Whoa I knew a guy with a name like that in my mission´ I asked where and he said Lima North. But he said the guy was from Ogden. He got out his tablet and looked up the guy he knows on Facebook. His name happened to be Sean Layton. I couldn't see his picture but I recognized Sean's email so we knew it was him. Crazy right!! I guess they were in the same Zone and everything and later he showed me pictures with him and Sean. Me and him took a photo together and he put it on Sean's Facebook if you want to see. It seriously freaked me out. He also thought it was funny how Sean bought a monkey and kept talking about that. I got to see pictures of the monkey now all grown up and big haha.

All right so that's really all I have time for. Crazy week right! (Question mark doesn't work so you know) 

I hope you guys all had a good week and sorry I didn't have much time this week. 

Alright miss you guys and good luck in Cold Oregon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment