Monday, February 25, 2013

Being Tall Does Have Its Disadvantages


Hi family,

Nother P-Day already which is crazy. Time here goes really fast. Like seriously. So this week was good but not as crazy as last week. Our mission has the least baptisms in Central America. Yeah so we need to change that. The problem is the the highest baptizing areas aren't going to be a part of our mission anymore as of June. So we definitely have our work cut out for us. We're trying and we have two baptismal dates and we're trying to get a third.

So the biggest thing this week was we had a mission conference sort of thing Thursday. It was only for the missionaries in the Cap so I got to go cause hey here I am. But that doesn't mean much. It started at nine and we had to get up at 4:30 in the morning in order to get there on time. Yeah and it`s in this same city ugh. We got on a bus and sat in traffic for 2 hours in the most uncomfortable bus ride of my life. I kinda don't fit in the seats here. I have to have my legs in the aisle which is a problem considering how full they pack the buses. There are tons of people standing in the aisle and they were basically sitting on my lap. But seriously it was painful. But hey it was worth it cause it was an awesome conference  It was about working with members and increasing our investigators. So we`re definitely going to try the stuff here and hopefully we can do it. Our mission goal in the month of March is every area baptizes a family. I think we can do it and we're working towards the goal. We still contact a lot and don`t have a ton of success with that but we're gaining investigators slowly. _______ and _______ are doing good and came to church but we found out he needs just a couple more papers. We think he`ll be able to get them so we`re hoping to still marry and baptize them on the 9th. _________ has been doing good but we really haven`t had lessons with him. He`s really busy and owns a restaurant so it`s hard to make appointments. We have one tomorrow and he`s definitely excited about the Gospel. 

So other cool thing happened at the conference  Afterwards my zone leader came and gave me 2 packages! Yeah basically the best thing ever. Yeah I got yours Mom which was awesome. I liked the candy. Also I got one from Sister Rau and the Laurels of the ward haha. So thanks Sister Rau a ton!! It was awesome. I thought I would respond to a few of the things people said in letters in that package. Brittany I'm sorry but Summit will always be better and my Brother needs to be filling my spot in the Trumpet section!! Kelly tell Haylee and Liz to shape up for me and I need to thank you cause apparently your envelope had the most candy. Friels thanks for all your prayers and Brother Friel I also say Hello!! Alright everyone else thanks for the notes. (Ha now they all have to read the Blog).

Nother crazy thing happened at the Conference that I just remembered. I was eating lunch and talking with an Elder who I`d never met. He said he was from Vegas and apparently Grandpa gave him his patriarchal blessing. Haha cool right? Yeah I can`t remember his name but it was pretty cool. Small world right? 

So that's about it. Just want to say good luck with lacrosse Curtis! Also I like how in your letter to me in the package you still refer to it as my room. Cause hey it's true. Thanks for everything family and I miss you guys a ton. I'm super happy to be here and I know the church is true and that this Gospel can change lives, cause I've seen it. So till next time...Maybe in two weeks cause we`re going to the temple next week and I don`t know if we will have a P-Day. Aight Adios!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment