Sunday, March 10, 2013

Locked Inside

Eric Said the Door Opens to a Huge Dropoff on the Other Side

So hey look! I get to write this week! We go to the temple tomorrow and have the rest of our P-Day after. Today is just a normal with e-mailing. So yeah pretty cool.

Tomorrow is going to be fun ...you know if I`m feeling better cause I got pretty sick last night. But hey don`t worry about me it`s just part of being a missionary in Guatemala. But I`m way excited for the Temple and think it will be good.

8 more days and me and my comp have been out for 6 months!! Crazy right?! Yeah we`re going to burn ties and everything which will be fun. (Don`t worry I`ll burn one that`s cheap. Not one of my nice ones.)

So to this week. Believe it or not a whole bunch of contacting. We didn`t have a whole bunch of success believe it or not but we have some appointments that we`re hoping aren`t going to fall. So a few interesting things happened this week. 

Elderes Villacis y Layton
We were eating lunch at our Comedors house and she had to leave really fast. So we were just eating in the house and we decided to leave and finish our contacting. The problem was her daughter had locked the door. And also the doors here are a little different than the ones in the States. If they`re locked you can`t leave or come in without the key. Fun right? Yeah so we were stuck in there for about 3 hours with nothing to do. When she got home she was super confused why we were still there. We told her and she felt reaalllyy bad but we were all laughing pretty hard. So by that time it was about 5:30 and we had to go back home. To make that day even more useless in the morning we had a mutual activity we were invited to attend  It was all good until it turned into a huge water balloon fight. I was OK just standing to the side in my shirt and tie until someone came behind me and completely soaked me. Yeah it was ridiculous but pretty fun haha. 

I`ll send a picture. You can`t really tell we`re really wet but hey another picture of me. Of course you want it. So other then that nothing special happened. Oh we had interviews with the president which went good. And _______ is still trying to get his papers. We definitely need some new investigators haha. 

So crazy to hear about Sean and Chinese! I can`t think of three better languages to know (English, Spanish, and Mandarin . That`s going to be way cool. So yeah good luck Sean!!!!! 

Also Curtis that`s way cool about lacrosse. Good luck with that and don`t die or anything. Don`t worry I`ll be back to watch you in your Jr. and Sr. years. Also hope band is going awesome. Tell Judd I say hi and he needs to win State for me. 

And You Thought Being a Missionary Didn't Pay Well!?!
Oh and Mom that`s AWESOME you got jury duty. I know that`s something that nobody really likes but it sounds awesome. I`m jealous just so you know. That`s cool about Stake Conference and the new mission. I love hearing about new missions and everything but I want to hear about more then just missions dividing! I want to here about completely different areas opening up you know? But hey it`s definitely cool. So no missions in China or North Korea yet? 

So that`s about it from me down here in Guatemala. Hope everything is going awesome and I miss you guys. Enjoy the cold weather but ha it`s actually been suuupper cold here the past few days. Which is weird this is a hot part of the year. I don`t get how there`s never ever snow. OK adios until next time. I shall await the day I can write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment