Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Investigator Hit By A Car


Hi again family,

So this week was interesting. We definitely worked more which is good. I think we'll teach a lot more people this week so we`ll see. So as for ________ and ________ the story is interesting...First I would like to start by saying they`re all fine and doing OK  But once again this week they couldn't come to church. This time it wasn't cause _______ and the baby but instead ________ kinda got hit by a car. Yeah crazy right?? He got off a bus and a car didn't see him. Remember that the roads here are crazy. It completely wasn't his fault and he`s OK  No broken bones or anything but he`s just suuupper sore. He still tried to go to church but he told us he just couldn't and we told him we totally get it haha. So he`s going to be OK and same with _______ and the Baby. They're both healthy now. 

Elder Layton Overlooking Part of His Area In Guatemala City

OK so what else happened this week? Yesterday we found someone from a reference in the ward. Her husband isn't a member and he's looking for a church to go to. He was Evangelical but found some things out about his pastor (I won't go into details) and so he's looking. And what better place to start looking then in the church of his wife!! So yeah we're going to be teaching him which is cool. Yesterday we gave him a blessing (he's sick) and also taught him a really good lesson about how this church is founded like in the times of Jesus Christ. I think he really enjoyed it and he even ended up crying in one part. Hopefully we can work with him and have him progress. 


Other than that we didn't really teach a whole bunch. We have some appointments with some people that might accept this Gospel. Oh well now that I`m thinking about it we did teach a lesson to a man named ______. He was just a contact and we didn't get in the house the first time. We ended up having to miss the appointment with him for a meeting and later in the street he said "Hey you didn't come by!! Later today work?" So yeah. We went and taught him the restoration and I think he enjoyed it. We have another appointment with him this week.

Six Month Celebration
OK so enough about me and my week. I`m glad to hear everything is still OK up in the US. Cool that the store is doing so good and that Curtis is working there. Curtis! Follow my example and always work there without complaining. You need the money. So yeah... Uh what more. Glad to hear both Briana and Mom are having missionary success. Mom you are teaching more lessons than me. Just remember, those little trailers he lives in would be a mansion for some of the people here. A lot of people here have only a couple pieces of sheet metal propped up against something with a mattress underneath where there whole family sleeps. It's crazy here and I'm definitely grateful we have the home that we do here in the mission even though I can't fit in the bathroom and our kitchen is more like a....hmmm how can I put it...."kitchen".


Haha so yeah that's the news from Guatemala this week I think. Hope you all have a happy Easter and everything. On Easter Sunday I get to speak in Church.........fun fun. My comp doesn't have to for some reason. Well maybe I`ll take advantage of this opportunity and introduce myself to the ward. Last Sunday I was referred to twice during speached (I think he missed something in the translation!) as the Gringo cause no one remembered my name haha. I've only been in this area for 7 weeks now...But oh well. Hopefully my talk goes alright. It`s just about the missionary work so it's an easy topic. Alright that's all. Have a good week and enjoy carpet, big bathrooms, and kitchens for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment