Monday, February 4, 2013

First Transfer - A Greenie No Longer

During a recent baptism
Hello once again family. I am sitting here writing in Zacapa for yes...my last time ever!! I was informed last night I have changes and so tomorrow I go to the change meeting! Should be fun right? Well I guess but we have to wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning in order to make it there on time. But I have to say I`m pretty happy. I love the area and my companion but I definitely am not a fan of working in this heat.

Also it`s pretty funny cause we received a really big package today!! It was a bed and all the stuff so my comp can be in a trio after I leave hahahaha. Yeah he actually really doesn`t want to be but hey it will be good. Who knows I could be in a trio too. I guess like all the letters have said, our mission is getting way bigger too. This change there will be 43 new people! So they`ve split a lot of areas and there are more trios. I wouldn`t be suprised if my comp trains again.

So ok I guess I`ll answer all your questions. The people here are pretty nice but they are all either Catholic or Evangelica....not exactly sure what that is in English. When we actually get in a door they usually don`t like to change. Almost the only people who ever really listen are references from the members. So I`m trying to think of an experience teaching but nothing really sticks out. All the lessons are awesome and super powerful. That work?? 

And yeah I like talking to the kids but half the time I can`t understand them. Adults are way easier to talk to but the kids are really funny. 

As far as weird food goes nothing super strange. I really like it except a few things like the cheese, spaghetti  and a few other little things. They also put ketchup on EVERYTHING. Oh hey here`s a steak, want ketchup? Blechk. That`s the only thing I can`t get used to. For the most part it`s good. This morning we had french toast. We have that and pancakes probably twice a week so it`s my favorite. 

Look ma, no hands! (see recent letter about their p day trip on top of a bus)
So as to what else has happened...well nothing. I got to confirm Heydi in church yesterday. It`s still hard but it definitely was much better then the first one I did. But that`s really it for the week. Her baptism was awesome.

So I`m glad to hear everything is good in Oregon. I can`t wait to get my package cause I`m hoping there will be candy in it....

Briana I`m glad everything is awesome in California and hope some of those families work out. But hey if you want to have success you really should stop drinking tea. I know it`s hard but we`re promised blessings.  Ha ok Goodbye family. Until next time. I shall write you from a new area!

No comments:

Post a Comment