Monday, April 8, 2013

Conference in Guatemala

Moving

Here I am again! Another week and a ton to go.

Glad to hear everything is still normal in Oregon. I just need to start by saying eewwwwww. Alright Curtis you are completely justified for not liking what they were doing to the cows. That`s pretty disgusting...but hilarious at the same time. Still you have no excuse to go vegetarian if the thought ever entered your mind alright? Ok good.

So that`s cool about the band concert. Good job Curtis rocking it up in the first Trumpet spot. Even though you're only in concert band at least you're the best there right? Man I actually miss band. Good times. Also yeah Mom Colton Brooks was with me his Freshman and Sophomore year. He`s pretty good but Curtis please tell Colton for me that I say FRESHMAN! Ha alright thanks. (Make sure that message gets to him buddy). 

Also glad you guys enjoyed conference  It seriously was awesome! We got to watch all of the five sessions. And the nice part was we were able to watch them all in.....ENGLISH!!! That made me pretty happy. I've had to watch some devotionals like that in Spanish and I hate to say it but it seriously isn't the same. Even if I can completely understand it it just is missing something. 

Remember the Old, Tiny Bathroom?
But seriously it was good this week. The testimonies of I think Boyd K. Packer and Henry B. Eyring were the most powerful I've ever heard. It was crazy. The church is true! It`s just things like that the translators just can never get quite right. But yeah so I've been studying my 13 pages of notes a lot lately haha.  Next conference I'll have more than a year! Only two left in my mission...weird. Ok but I'm not counting down the days until I come home or anything. It`s just crazy how fast two years really is. 

Alright so for the week. This week was alright. Are numbers weren't the absolute best but we worked. This area is definitely hard considering how small it is. I can walk the entire thing in about 15-20 minutes. So yeah definitely not the biggest in the mission. I seriously love it though. The temperature is always awesome and never too hot. And we seriously are starting to get somewhere with some people I think. 

We went to an investigator this week who I've met maybe once or twice before. She`s from missionaries before me and she has a super strong testimony. She knows the church is true and same with her daughter. She's prayed and she told us about this awesome experience when she got her answer. She`s just...scared maybe would be the word for it. She won`t get baptized! She knows all the lessons and has been to church but just doesn't want to get baptized. She`s married and everything too. But we visited her and had an awesome lesson about prophets and invited her to conference  Me and my comp are going to start going and teaching her again cause she seriously has a testimony. I want her to be baptized so bad. 

Well, Here's the New Bathroom - Much Better!
So who else. The husband of the member might have been there. We passed by early to bring him but his wife said they were going to go but just needed to finish something up. I looked for them but couldn't see them in the midst of all the people. I`m thinking they could`ve been there but we're going to stop by in order to find out. Also we met someone new there and the same night we had an FHE with him in the house of a member. It went awesome and we taught the Plan of salvation cause I guess someone in his family died pretty recently  I think he liked it and we have an appointment with him tomorrow. Ok so that`s the week I think. Well all the best parts. Still looking for more people!

Oh yeah so this was cool. Remember my house and how I didn't fit into the bathroom and everything? Well we moved!! Yeah the new house is nice. It`s actually smaller a little bit but has a huge bathroom. So that`s nice. Also it`s alot cheaper. Oh and it`s not connected to a bar so I don`t wake up at 3 every morning and listen to people puking right outside our door. So yeah it`s nice. If I have time I'll send a picture or two. So that`s pretty much it. I miss you guys but I'll see you in a bit. Seriously two years is nothing. It`s already April! Weird.

Alright so bye everyone. Have a good week and next week I'll tell you all about the ruins we're going to today. That should be fun. Ok bye again.

P.S. The General Authority that's from Guatemala that spoke on Sunday everyone here knows! He's from the last area of my zone leader. Cool right? His talk was awesome and hilarious too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment