Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fighting the Good Fight


Well hi there family.

So I`m just going to start by saying this week is going to be hard. Mostly because today we don`t have P-Day. We are just writing and then leaving to go work. The reason is that this Saturday we`re going to have a zone P-Day. We had to get special permission because we`re not allowed to have zone p-days anymore cause the zones are too big. But the Stake President invited all the missionaries to go with him to some ruins that apparently are super cool. He`s going to pay for us and buy us all lunch too so I`m super excited. It`s going to be awesome. But yeah it makes this week hard cause we won`t have any to day to rest. But hey this week coming we`ll have 2 P-Days in 3 days. How cool is that?? So yeah next week I can tell you all about that.

So on to this week. Hmmmm let`s see. I I should tell you on Saturday I got my awesome package! Yeah I`ve been eating jelly beans a ton. Also I got to say I`m glad you remembered I love robin eggs. Those are like my favorite. Also my comp says thanks you for his "Conejo de Chocolate". I ended up having to give mine away to our Comedor...long story haha but I still have everything else. Also I got a bunch of letters which of course I always love (even though they`re almost all from Dad).

So let`s see if I can remember everything that happened this week. Well that shouldn`t be too hard because literally EVERYTHING fell this week. It was definitely hard. We had two baptism dates, both with Familia Barras but they both fell. They haven`t been able to come to church. The daughter is 14 and I really think she`ll get baptized but with her parents I`m not so sure. We`re working with them though so hopefully we are able to do something. 

Also we are teaching a family named Familia _______. We were invited there by the 14 year old kid _______ in the street. Apparently he really likes going to churches and stuff but hasn`t been able to be baptized ever because apparently all the churches here charge around 200 quetales to be baptized! Psh me and my comp only charge about 100...Any more than that is unreasonable. Haha ok so maybe that parts not true but it IS true about the churches here. Definitely y lame. We left them all something to read from the BoM and I think they have been able to read it. 

We ran into a problem though yesterday. We passed by their house yesterday to invite them to Stake Conference because they promised to go, (everyone but the Mom who works on Sundays), and we were talking to them because they weren`t ready. They said they didn`t want to go cause the kid talked to his Evangelical pastor about us...Yeah that`s a good idea right? So now he has a ton of weird ideas about Mormons. We tried to explain some things (most of which were blatant lies) to him but we seriously had no time so we had to leave and we`re going to explain in more detail on Thursday. I think they`ll still be open to listen to us and I think we`ll be able to repair the damage and hopefully get them baptized. 

Some of the Pastors here have no shame to lie, scare, and misguide the people against the church. They know nothing they say is true but they don`t care. As long as they keep as many people in their congregation as possible. That`s one of the many things I love so much about this church. We are actually taught to never say anything bad about other church`s. Although we truly believe our church is true, everyone here has their agency and don`t have to be part of this church. I think that is one piece of evidence the church is true. It`s not founded from men, so it`s not just all about numbers and competition. We are just honestly here to bring people the Gospel. they can accept it or reject it and it`s sad if the reject it but hey what more can we do? We don`t have to lie to make our church look better than others. So yeah that`s been my thoughts this week. Seriously that`s pretty much all that happened. We just contacted (with no success) and walked all over the place to appointments that fell. Kinda sad but that`s life in such a small area I guess. Seriously it`s tough, but hey that`s not an excuse...well I guess it is in fact...an excuse to work harder haha.

Alright so nothing else really. this week things went a little better with me and my comp but still there are...desafios would be the word. I seriously loving the mission and the time is going so insanely fast. Seriously it`s crazy that Mothers day is coming up. Ok, well that`s my e-mail this week. The church is true and glad to hear everything is still good in Oregon. Ok Bye Bye.

PS - I feel like Grandma and a lot of other people have questions that I haven`t answered...So yeah Mom you should just send me an e-mail next week with some of them so I can answer them. They can write them on the Blog or something I don`t know...but yeah. Ok Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment