Saturday, June 22, 2013

NEVER ASK THAT QUESTION!

Well here I am again!

We had a stressful week this week but it had some awesome parts. Also some weird things happened.

So let's see, where should I start? I guess start right off the bat with answering your questions Mom. It`s funny this week you asked me if I've eaten anything weird. This week I'm thinking I ate some of the most interesting things of my life. First one day we came down and Hna. Betty was cooking some type of meat. It just looked like steak but lighter. We started eating it and the texture was super weird and it didn't taste awesome either. I asked her what type of meat it was (as a tip for all future missionaries out there, NEVER ASK THAT QUESTION!) She told me it was ubre. I didn't understand that word and so to clarify she told me "it`s the part of the cow where they take out the milk"... So yes Mom I have eaten some weird things. I ate fried cow udder. And what more? The next day she gave us the leftovers in some soup mmmmmmmmm. 

And let`s see...now for what we ate the next day. Our Comedor gave us "fish". She bought it in the street and when she cooked it, it turned out really dark. But she just said it must be the type of fish. After we had finished it all she decided to taste it and then she smelled it. So yes she ended up returning the 4 pounds of shark meat covered in shark pee that she bought. Apparently it`s something of a delicacy here. And hey before we knew anything we ate everything on our plate...all of it. So yes definitely something interesting this week. But don't worry I'm still alive. But I would like to say it again to all those future missionaries out there. Just eat without questions. It`s better to just not know.

Ok and now for the best part of the week. This past Monday after I sent my e-mail we were walking down the street. Remember _______? He`s the boyfriend in the girl in our ward. His girlfriend has always been very strict about he can't get baptized if it`s for her. He has to believe everything. We ended up dropping him cause he didn't want to progress and stopped coming to church. Lame right? Well anyways he saw us in the street and called us over. He told us that he had been thinking about it a lot and he wants to be baptized! We didn't even do anything! Man I love the Spirit when stuff happens like that. So yeah he asked when. He said can I do it this Saturday? But there was something in the church that day so we have to move it for this week or the week after. But yeah definitely awesome he made the choice. He wasn't able to go to church Sunday because his sister got sick and was in the Hospital though but we're hoping he can come on Sunday and maybe have the baptism after church. We stopped talking to him and kept walking. A member was talking to some random guy and called us over (literally about 15 seconds after we stopped talking to Arturo). The member introduced us to his friend and said he had to go to work. So we were left alone with this guy whose name is ___________. Apparently the Member had given him a Book of Mormon about a month ago and he has read all the way through 1st and 2nd Nephi. Also he read Jacob and the three short books and now is reading The Words of Mormon!! How cool is that?! He brought us to his house and we had a good lesson about the Book of Mormon and the Church`s organization. We have another appointment tomorrow.So yeah definitly mircles happened with them. I would love to see a baptism here before I go.

As for _______ and ________ it`s tough.....Man I was so excited with them too. Apparently what happened is all of his papers were burned by the government (no idea why) and they need to get married. He hasn`t been able to get any papers so they can`t get married. But he`s still trying to get a couple things so who knows, maybe they'll be able to. They came to church and everything but we don't think they'll get baptized this month. And with Hna. __________ and _________ the story is the same. They're both in bed a lot and we really haven't been able to put an appointment with _______. So yeah we'll see what happens. 

Oh the house here are all the exact same. They're concrete and sometimes the people keep them clean inside and so they're nice. Many other times they're disgusting though with animals running around everywhere and pooping and stuff. It`s hard to go into some house but hey that`s why I'm here right? And when we contact no one really gets mean but no one wants anything to do with us. Sometimes they just yell through the door "No one`s here!!" So yeah tough. As for Gringos I don't think any exist here. I may have seen one or two my whole time here. Everyone looks at me like an alien too. All the kids yell out "canche!" But whatever I'm used to it. And yes I'm huge compared to everyone here. But Ok I think that was the last of your questions Mom. No pictures this week and I'm out of time.

Hope you guys have a good week and Briana good luck with your last month out in California. Dad Happy Fathers Day!!!!!! Remember to celebrate it like good ol`Guatemalans with a TON of fireworks. Ok goodbye!


No comments:

Post a Comment