Monday, June 24, 2013

I Know Why I'm Here

(I had written to Eric to ask about some of the challenges he's been going through. This was his response. We've tried to edit those portions which may not be appropriate for a public blog. He's doing well and learning how to better overcome adversity. But if you're reading this, we'd appreciate it if you would keep him in your prayers.)


Good question. I`m kinda answering that in this letter to the family but you're right, it`s been tough. At the same time I`ve never been happier. Weird right? This week things have gotten pretty bad as far as (section removed for privacy reasons).  You know what though? Don't worry about it. I always refer back to D&C 122:7-9. It will be for my experience and my benefit. And the strongest verse of scripture maybe I have ever read is verse 8. Am I greater than Jesus Christ? Well not even close so I better man up and deal with it. I'm here for a reason. So yeah I'll be good.

Without a doubt this week was not easy. In fact it was quite hard. We've begun to have a lot of problems. 

To start off ________ and _________ I don't think they will be getting baptized. A couple nights ago on Wednesday he came home really drunk. He had stopped drinking for almost 4 weeks too. He basically decided he doesn't want anything and he has begun to fight a ton with his wife. When they have problems she always calls us down cause he gets violent and he calms down when we're there. The thing is I don't think they will be separated and so even if she wants to be baptized she can`t cause Hno. _______ won't get married now. But yeah definitely the toughest part of the week. I've never been in the middle of so many problems as I have here. But truly I know why I'm here. That`s something that I have learned in these 9 short months. It doesn't matter what happens as long as I do what I need to. And definitely that knowledge has helped me more than anything here. I'll be at my desk completely bummed out but I'll read something and I can always feel the Spirit here.

As for _________ he still hasn't come to church so we haven't baptized him yet. If I didn't mention we want him to come one more time before he gets baptized although he`s gone his 3 times. Hopefully he can come this coming week. I`m doing everything in my power to help him.

This week has had some cool things too. Remember awhile ago that I said I met an Elder who got his patriarchal blessing from Grandpa? Well he`s now our zone leader and I got to do divisions with him. It`s was definitely fun. I learned a ton from him. He has basically had the exact same problems in the mission as me and has some good advice. Oh this week also we did some more service. And yes sorry Mom it was completely repairing a roof. (We had asked him if he had heard about the LDS missionary killed in Guatemala while repairing a roof.) We completely tore it down and put it back up. If I have time I'll send pictures. It took awhile but it was good. 

Curtis I must say Happy Birthday and good luck with French Horn and your driving test. You can do it. It`s easy. Briana good luck with everything and hope you have a good couple weeks. As for your questions Mom here goes. Canche means like blondie. They basically just say it to anyone whose white though even if they don't have blonde hair. Ok no more time I got to go.


Love and miss you guys. Hope your lives are just fantastic. Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment