Monday, July 15, 2013

"The Drought Is Over"

So good news this week. Yes the computers actually work so I can actually write. Also finally this week we had a baptism!! Cool right? 

So __________ came to church again and we were able to baptize him yesterday. He came an hour late to his baptism though which definitely freaked me out. I was thinking another baptism was going to fall. (A lot of that is the culture. Time is less important in Latin American countries than it is here.) 

Also this week we were able to put a baptism date with __________ and I have no doubt he will be ready. He is super excited and he basically put his own baptismal date. But yeah the bad part is if I have changes I won't be here to see it cause it´s on august 10th. I'm really thinking coming up this area is going to have a few more baptisms. After six months here finally we'll have baptisms...and I won't be here to see it haha. But hey that´s not what matters right? So I don't care. They just have to be baptized. 

So this week was pretty good besides all the stress. We had divisions twice which was nice. We taught a couple more lessons this week which is cool. The goal for lessons every week in the mission is 20. Really that´s not a lot here either which is way I'm kinda disappointed with only like 6. but this week we had like 12. The thing is we teach more to less active members cause there are so many here. Also this week the asistencia climbed 14 from last week with a whopping 65 people. We had a ton of less actives come for the first time in awhile and 3 investigators which is more then we've had in a long time. Did I tell you guys about _______? He got a Book of Mormon from a member and in a month read up to Mosiah. He now is progressing pretty good and yesterday he came to church on his own after telling us he couldn´t! He loved it too. So yeah this week we're hoping to put a baptismal date with him.

Ok so I hope you like this letter better than last week´s but yeah I'm running out of time. Seriously I´m loving life here even through all the trials. 14 more months? Man that´s it? Times super fast. 

Briana I hope you enjoy going home but I hate to break it to you, I´m still here HA!!! Talking with a lot of people from different faiths this week has helped me realize how blessed we are to actually have the true Gospel here on earth. But hey that´s what everyone from every faith says right? But without doubt I've found that Christ´s church and authority are in this church and all the other people, while good people, are trying to do what is right but they just don't realize what we really have here. It´s the true church. I won't apologize for that. And seriously the truth has made me free as it says in the Bible. I'm a happy boy :D. Ok goodbye family. I hope you have a good week


Elder Layton

No comments:

Post a Comment