Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Guatemalan Conference Report

Man you guys just made me sad with the news of Shorty. (The Chiechi's dog "Shorty" had to be put down last week. Sad times.) Definitely going to miss him. I guess I`ll have to give them a Guatemalan weiner dog when I get home. There are some funny looking dogs here.

So let`s see. I should start by saying how jealous I am that Briana went to conference. I've always wanted to go and maybe after my mission when I'm at BYU I`ll be able to go. I would have to say I love how much it talked about the family and missionary work. I want to be able to work with the members more. 

Also there was one talk I really liked. When he used the scripture about how the Lord will hasten the work in his time. Then he said "Now is the time". It just makes me think and also it makes me grateful that I`m a missionary at this time. I love the missionary work and I was able to learn so much! (exclamation point) Ha that talk made me laugh. 

I got to watch all the sessions and to make it better they were all in English. It`s weird a year has already flown by since the time that President Monson announced the age change. I was just a new little missionary in the CCM. I only have one more conference in the mission. But I don`t want to think about that right now.

So let`s see. The next Monday we will all know the changes and there is a chance that I could leave. I`m thinking my companion will leave though  cause the President likes to take out the new person. We`ll see though. I really don`t want to leave the area cause I really like it but hey "irè y harè lo que el señor me ha mandado." 

So let`s see I once again don`t have very much time. Really it blows my mind that I`m almost done training for the first time. Those were the fastest changes of my life. In a way I don`t want to train again so my mission feels a little longer.


So yeah that's the week. We're still preparing for ________ baptism this Saturday because she`s really ready. You should have pictures next week. also we're also working still with her friend and she wants to be baptized too. So yeah that`s the week. Love you guys a ton thanks bye. I`ll be able to say more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment