Sunday, October 6, 2013

It makes me happy that I was called to Guatemala


Hello family.

We actually had a pretty good week this week. We found a good amount of new people too this week was exactly what we need. We also taught more with a member this week then without which is really good but let's see.

Glad to hear Mom that you had a really good week at the store even though it was really stressful. Sounds like the store is doing awesome. That should help when I come back so that you can buy me a bunch of stuff :p Also sounds like Briana is having a good time with a ton of callings. Good luck with that Briana!! (Briana has 3 callings in her ward at BYU-I - a counselor in the Relief Society, temple coordinator and temple preparation teacher. Good thing that working and being a full time student don't take much of her time.)

So let's see once again pressed with time. I'll start out with _________. Definitely a stressful week because of her baptism and everything but she didn't actually end up being baptized. She's really ready but what happened is the Bishop never re-interviewed the husband Wiliam just to make sure he's ready to baptize her. Thursday night the Zone Leaders did divisions with me just so they could do everything to force the baptism for Saturday. The thing is they had a goal of 4 families baptized this month and with her it would've been 4. 

It got to a point where I didn't feel like it was best for her to go forward with the baptism so fast especially if her husband couldn't do it. But with the ZL's pressing so hard I ended up having to talk to the President haha and he completely agreed with me and told the ZL's to forget the goal and do what's best for her. I definitely agree and to make it all better an area had a baptism yesterday out of nowhere so we still got the goal. Really I had been praying to know what to do all that day cause I wanted to get the goal to but definitely this is what the Lord wanted.

So yeah interesting experience this week. Also this week we found a bunch of cool places in our area and the people are a lot more humble but I`ll send some pictures. Definitely a cool area and makes me happy that I was called to Guatemala. We taught a good amount and ended up having 14 new investigators with 5 new families. 

As for me and my companion his training ends on the 15th of October and we'll have 3 months. I`m thinking that one of us will leave the area that day and I'm hoping it`s not me but we'll see. So yeah. That's my time. Have a good week and make me proud out there.


1 comment:

  1. Eric, I thought I would let you know that I went to the temple for the first time on September 14, stake temple day. Your mom was there but you dad had to help with Brother and Sister Williams' son's funeral. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your mission. I love reading your messages when your dad posts them on Facebook. This is Sister Ellison, I used to talk to you before you went on your mission. Now I talk to both your parents and occasionally Briana.

    ReplyDelete