Monday, October 14, 2013

How Member Missionaries Make a Difference

Bowling on P-Day
To start off we were able to teach a lot this week...Well a lot more than usual. We've definitely been getting a lot more support from the ward and it`s helped a lot.

Ok and before I go too far I should let you know what`s happening with changes. Well My companion Elder Anderson is leaving tomorrow and I'll be staying. I've got to say I`m really happy to be staying in the area. One last time we had to push back _________________ baptism but this is the last time. She is so ready and luckily I`ll be here to see her get baptized.

What else happened this week? Oh Sunday was awesome. We completely filled the class of Gospel Principles cause a lot of people came. Also an investigator who hasn't come for awhile came and told us he won't be working on Sundays anymore cause he thought of his priorities and talked to his boss. After that he told us he wants to get baptized in November!! He's the son of recent converts. His parents were baptized like 6 months ago. So yeah in November look for the baptism of ____________________.

Also yesterday we had a big meeting for the third hour with everybody and had a big talk about missionary work. Later that day we did divisions with members. We ended up receiving and contacting 10 people and teaching a lot. So definitely a good Sunday.

This week we had some amazing lessons. Remember ____________ and ____________ who haven't been able to get married and baptized? Well they're working on it but for now everything is the same. He did hurt his leg pretty bad though and they might have to operate so maybe a prayer or two for him would be good. Anyway, we had a lesson with them which was one of the most spiritual in my mission. We've kinda run out of stuff to teach them cause really they know Mormon doctrine better than most members so we decided to share something that wasn't one of the normal lessons. In Preach my Gospel there is an awesome chapter that I have been studying a lot about the attributes of Christ. We taught about hope and patience. Maybe it doesn't sound like it would be so good but really it was so spiritual. We had brought them to a members house so that was cool too.

So yeah I hope you guys all have a good week. I'm still loving life here and next week I`ll let you know what happens with me. I`m hoping to train again but we'll see. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment