Monday, October 21, 2013

Huge Missionary Activity Breeds Success


Recent baptism
Another amazing week for sure but thanks to computer problems I`m going to be typing fast. So this is what happened with the changes. My new companion is named Elder Peña from Mexico and has 9 months in the mission so I`m not training again. Also the President has made me....District Leader so that should be fun. 

So what else. Oh I should mention we finally had the coolest baptism of my whole mission. __________ was finally able to baptize ____________ and we had a really good baptismal service. She is so happy and so am I. The cool part to is she told the Bishop that she wanted me to confirm her so I got to do that yesterday which turned out much better than the first time I did it in Zacapa. Oh and Mom I should tell you I`m in the Capital still. I`m not in any small city but Zona 21 de Guatemala. 

So let`s see what else happened this week. We had 7 investigators come to church and we are going to put a baptismal date with two of them this week. I`m seriously loving this area and happy I`ll probably be here until January. Also this Wednesday we had a missionary activity in the Stake Center. We have been inviting everyone to it and a choir from the states came and sung some stuff about the Book of Mormon. We ended up filling the chapel so much that we weren`t able to see it. People were standing up and crammed in the chapel. You know how we have a basketball court in the states in every Chapel. Well in the place of that there is just a really big activities room with a stage and that was full too. Like seriously....full. So they decided to take out a camera and transmit it to another big room with a TV and that room was completely full too. Apparently 200 or more people came who aren`t members and so we had them all fill out a paper with their address so we have a TON of references. So yeah definitely a success.

Oh man I don`t know what else happened. Well a lot happened but I just can`t remember. We had some good success. I`m happy with the week. and now quickly I can answer questions. Weird you`re going to be sending my second Christmas package....way too fast the mission. Just so you know other Elders love that dog thing you gave me last year. It`s hilarious and definitely works.

Ok I hope you get better Mom and can work again. Also good luck on your talk I just remembered right now about the advice thing and now I don`t have time to tell you. But you have Briana and Dad and they`re smarter than me so good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment