Sunday, November 3, 2013

It All Makes Me So Happy

Well here I am once again. 

I`m glad you guys have liked my last couple e mails so I`ll try to figure out what I did different...I think I just had better weeks. This week was also good though so we`ll see how this letter turns out. I also liked your pumpkins. Why didn`t we ever do cool things like that when I was home? Oh well I`m having fun also preparing for Halloween. I get to do stuff like hide a lot of money so people don`t rob it...hmmm oh wear my cheapest ties and....stay inside. Haha ok I`m just kidding but yeah it gets just a little bit more dangerous here during halloween cause all the kids go crazy. But don`t worry about it or anything cause it`s really not that bad. Nothing ever happens to us. The people respect us here and they know we never have money on us so they leave us a lone. 

Let`s see. This was an interesting week. We got a few funny questions this week. I contacted someone in the street and he told me he had a question for me. "Joesph Smith was killed in his thirties right? If he really was a prophet of God why didn`t God protect him?" He thought it was the smartest question too. I almost started laughing too cause he was so determined it was going to stump me. I just help him realize that Jesus as well died in his thirties. Also almost every other Prophet or Apostle in the scriptures was actually killed. Well there`s a lot. But yes I thanked him for pointing out that Satan always works the same way and that all the Persecution against Joesph Smith actually proves he was a Prophet of God. He just kinda stood their quietly. Needless to say we didn`t put an appointment to go to house. He apparently never "se mantiene en la casa". Experiences like that always just make me laugh and make me realize how blessed I am to actually understand these things. Really everything about this church is so based on the scriptures and it all makes me so happy. (Not saying that it makes me happy that all the Prophets and Apostles have died.)

Let`s see what else happened this week. We found a new investigator and the first appointment I invited him to be baptized and he accepted. He loved the message and just couldn`t come to church cause he has to travel a lot with his work. We`ll see where that goes. 

Other than that.....oh yeah another funny experience. We contacted a lady and I promised her that God answers prayers. I shared James 1:5. She kinda got mad at me cause she understood it that I was saying she lacked wisdom and that we think people from our church are the only people who understand scriptures. After me and my comp were kinda laughing about that. The people in my area are funny. I`m really enjoying it here. I should be here for Christmas too which makes me happy.

Ok I love you guys and have a good week.

Elder Layton



PAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment