Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Six Baptismal Dates

What a week this one.

Definitely a good week. To start things off strong I got the package!! Haven`t opened it yet but I will as soon as we get home. But don`t worry I think I might save the presents until Christmas. Also I got a package from Aunt Angie and Uncle Byron! So Thanks a TON to everyone and hope the whole family has an awesome Christmas. 

As the area goes we had a very good week. We were able to put 5 baptismal dates! Most of them look very positive and so we should have a good end of the year. Rafiel was able to go to church yesterday and has finally decided 100% that he wants to be baptized. The same day he`s going to do it we have to have a wedding and two more baptisms. This area has just randomly started to be very successful. To bad within 3 weeks I should be leaving....Oh well I`ll go where the Lord needs me. 

We`ve also been starting to have a lot more success working with the Members and using their houses to have lessons. The stat says that 2/3 people taught in the house of a member are baptized. 4 out of the 6 baptismal dates we have we teach in the house of a member and we`re working hard so we can get all 6. One of our baptismal dates is the Father in Law of the Bishop who isn`t a member. He`s always ahd drinking and smoking problems but he has been going to church and we finally got him to accept a baptismal date. On Friday we woke up early to wake up the Bishop with fireworks (because that`s what they do here on people`s birthday). A bunch of people from the ward were there which was funny but the Father in Law (Oscar) found us out of everyone at 5 in the morning sat us down and took out his Gospel Principles book to ask us questions. He had it all marked up and everything which was cool and I think he`s excited to be baptized. 

So yeah that`s what happened this week. Here it still doesn`t look like Christmas cause of course there is no snow. But it is nice cause everyone has really little fake trees up so it helps a little bit. You guys should send another package really fast full of snow. I would love that. Cause I mean come on there`s plenty there you guys can share a little bit.

Ok that`s my time. Hope you guys have a good week. Oh and by the way Elder Butler says hi. He was just sitting behind me and wanted me to say that. Merry Christmas and enjoy your Christmas. I shall talk to you guys soon.

Adios.


:/

No comments:

Post a Comment