Monday, January 13, 2014

New Area, New Companion, New Assignment and a Plastic Chapel

Progreso Jutiapa
Man this has easily been the craziest week of my mission. First off I should let you guys know where I am. Once again they sent me outside of the Capital!! I'm in a place called Progreso Jutiapa. The entire city is just for us including a lot of outlying aldeas (small towns or villages). It is a little branch of about 50 people and the chapel is made of plastic. Next week I`ll send a picture of it. It's actually pretty nice though. 

My companion´s name is Elder Guman from Ecuador and he has 20 months in the mission. So basically what happened is we are both new in the area. We are opening it up as Zone Leaders. So yeah that was definitely a surprise. 

Being Zone Leader is definitely pretty stressful. Especially outside of the city because we have to travel a ton. We have already gone back to the city 2 times which was interesting so we've actually had barely any time to work in the area so far. But from what I've seen it is really a great area. The people are really receptive and I think we are going to have a lot of success here.

So let`s go through the days here.

Tuesday- The change meeting and we were sent here. We traveled all day and got to the area late.

Wednesday- We woke up at 4:30 to go back to the city. We had to go to the offices to get our phone and also I had an appointment with the Doctor to cut off an ingrown toenail....Then once again traveling the rest of the day.

Thursday- The doctor said I wasn't allowed to leave the house or walk so in the house.

Friday- We once again woke up at 4:30 to go back to the city to have the mission council which we have to go to. Once again travelling all day.

Saturday- First real day to work in the area. Also President Stay and his wife came to work with us. He let us know on Friday that he was going to come work with us for a couple hours. (Coolest experience ever).

Sunday- President Stay came to our branch and my companion and I had to speak. After he came to Gospel Principles and we had to give the class.

Today

So yeah as I said the craziest week of my mission. But really on Saturday we went to an appointment with the President and it was the first time we had ever met this person. Really he ended up being the most closed off person that I have ever met in my life. So we didn't make any progress with him but I did get to see President Stay debate with him!!!!! SSOOOOOO COOOLLLL Haha but needless to say we won't be going back to this person.

Awww man I`ve really got no more time. That has been the week though. I´m working hard and enjoying the new challenge that the Lord has given me. Tomorrow we have the Zone Meeting so that should be fun. I hope you guys all have an awesome week and enjoy the cold for me because my new area is definitely not cold...

Love you guys!!


Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment