Monday, January 27, 2014

An Amazing Blessing From An Apostle of the Lord

I think every day in this area gets crazier and crazier. I really don't know where to start. I guess I´ll try to start from the beginning of the week. I´m not sure if I mentioned to you guys or not but the Apostle Elder Cook came and gave us a visit! All 750 of us got to shake his hand too. Three missions went to see him and we got an amazing message and he promised us a lot of blessings. One specifically was that everyone we know at this time is being blessed because of our service. He directed himself to all those who had a family member who has strayed from the path of the Lord and said they will be softened by the service we are giving and they are also being greatly blessed. In ways that they may not recognize. Truly one of the coolest conferences I've been too. He said so many more things too but I have so much to say and so little time. So yes that happened the 22nd.

Let´s see what else happened this week. To help a couple of missionaries in our zone get excited about the work we got up really early and went to their house. (Remember that the areas here are quite far away from each other). So yeah we broke into their houses to surprise them. It was quite interesting actually. But it was really fun. After we helped clean their houses because they were horrible and then talked with them a bit. It definitely worked well and the Assistentes laughed really hard when we told them. Talking about the Assistentes I have divisions with them. It´s weird though because their area is within 5 minutes walking from my last area. I could easily see people I know. Apparently my last area too is having a TON of success. A lot of the people I taught are finally taking the decisions to get baptized. Cool right?

Ok Mom you have some homework this week. We had interviews with the President and I made a decision. I have decided that I want to stay till the end of my mission. (He was considering asking to be released 2 weeks early in order to make the Fall term at BYU.) So I'm scheduled to go home the 16th or 18th of September...Not really sure which. President Stay told me that he thinks fall term starts the 8th not the 2nd so maybe it would be possible to still make it even though I would start a bit late. President Stay´s dad actually founded BYU´s AFROTC so he knows a lot about it. Weird right? Apparently they should work with me. Can you just figure out with BYU what I can possibly do?

Ok last thing Saturday we had a lesson with Celeste one of our investigators. It went good. We left and 5 minutes later she called us and said she had had an impression and wanted to get baptized...tomorrow. So yes. SURPRISE we had a baptism yesterday. It was soooo cool and she was really ready. Also we are getting close with the rest of the family to be baptized. Sorry something is weird about these computers and I can never send pictures so maybe I will never be able to send any...Sorry.


Well no time. Hope you guys have a good week and see you in just over 7 months.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment