Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Working Like Crazy and Having Success

Man time is going so fast here. Easily the fastest week of my mission so far. We are working like crazy and having some success. We had 18 new investigators this week which is more than I think we had in my last area for 6 months.....ok just kidding but it is a lot. Alright I guess I`ll start out by answering all of your questions.

As Zone Leader we`re just in charge of all the missionaries here in these areas.  We have to do divisions with them but we also have to do divisions with the assistants. We are in charge of the zone meeting that we do every month and ever Monday we have to call the President to let him know how everything is going in the zone. There are a lot of Stake Meetings too that we have to attend so we travel a lot for that cause we`re actually 1 hour and a half away from the Stake Center. My area literally is perfect right now. It`s not the hot part of the season so it`s actually pretty nice. During the day it get a little bit hot but there`s always a nice breeze to help out. At night it`s actually cold. But I should be here for the hot part of the year. Also I forgot to take pictures of the chapel so well......sorry. 

My toe is totally fine now so yeah all good there. We always walk here....everywhere. Unless we`re late to an appointment we go in Tuc-Tuc which is a tiny little three wheeled car that they use as taxis here. But almost always we`re walking. Hope all that answers your questions.

Sounds like you guys had a good week and good job Curtis with your Eagle Scout thing. Like we would say here ¡Que Pilas! Haha. Also I hope you have fun reffing. People never told me how good I did they just always got made at me because for them I guess there is nothing more important in the world than 3rd graders playing basketball. But you should have fun doing that. Hey maybe if you save up enough money you can buy yourself a tablet!! .....Oh wait a sec....     

Ok so just now I have been trying to put pictures on but I`m having a hard time so maybe this week you guys won`t get pictures either...Sorry. But really we`ve been working so hard here and we should have success. The members are cool and they always help us. the only problem is is that there are not a lot of members...We`ll have to change that I guess. So yeah that`s the week. Maybe I can give you guys more details next week about people we are teaching just cause the problem is everyone is new! But soon we should see some progress in this area.

Hope you guys all have an awesome week in Oregon without me oh and in Salt Lake taking care of troubled kids haha. I`ll keep working here as the Lord needs me to.

Love you guys,


Elder Layton

No comments:

Post a Comment