Monday, March 31, 2014

Excited for Conference and Hoping for a Temple in Bend

Well as always family we had an awesome week. But I`m kinda confused...it went by so fast though that I don`t really remember what happened. Let`s see if I can remember. 

This week was filled with divisions (exchanges). We had one with an area in the zone and another with the assistants. I stayed in our area for both of them. It`s always such a good opportunity to do divisions with them cause they really teach me something every time. We have really good ones right now but tomorrow one of them is going home. 

Oh I should mention to you guys that I don`t have changes or anything which I`m actually happy about. I really like the area and my companion and I are working really hard. We still always have to go to the change meeting though so we are going to have to go to the Capital this week. Actually we are going to have to go twice. I actually really like going. (Not just because it`s 7 extra hours to sleep either). Four areas in our zone have changes so it should be interesting who comes. 

Also so you guys know we`re getting pretty close to changing Missions Presidents. In June President Stay leaves and President Caffaro from Miami gets here. It should be interesting. For 3 months I`ll have a new President which is tough but I`m sure it will also be good. President Stay seriously is amazing. He has taught me SO much and I am so thankful for the many things he has done for me. But hey the the Lord wants a change in the Mission`s President I guess that`s how it needs to be. 

I have been trying to prepare myself for the General Conference that`s coming up this week! Can you guys believe that once again we get to see it?! I swear the General Conferences in the Mission are so good. Who knows, maybe they`ll announce a Bend Oregon Temple! How cool would that be? I`ll be praying for it. On top of Aubrey Butte.....

So yeah this week was just really good. We found a whole bunch of new people in our area and in the zone. It`s exciting because we see that the Elders are more excited and are working harder than ever. We should see a lot of baptismal dates coming up this week. Well at least that`s what I`m praying for. In our area we have seen support from the members like no other. Even though there are few we had more lessons with members than ever!! They are all really excited and love doing missionary work. This branch is so great. They all just seemed excited and we have been seeing improvements in a lot of things such as attendance to church. Yesterday we had about 89 so it`s getting up there.

Now that I didn't have changes It`s almost positive I`ll stay here for 6 months which is awesome. This is my companions last change in the mission so after him I`ll stay for another change. Hey no complaints. Here we are working. Ok yeah one complaint....Only an hour of internet. Love you guys!



BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment