Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I Love Reading the Book of Mormon

Once again here I am. I seriously don't know where to start. I pretty sad actually right now. Right now my old companion e-mailed me to let me know that in my last area one of the really cool members just died. I`m not sure how exactly but he has 3 little kids and a wife who have been affected. So yeah definitely include the Cifuentes Family in your prayers this week.

We've been working pretty hard still. We did a lot of divisions which is always fun. I went to an Elders area and we completely got lost for like two hours and then we found out we weren't even in his area. Fun right? Well in his defence he had just arrived at the area. The reason we did divisions is to help get the members excited because before we had some problems in the area. Needless to say we didn't really have time to talk to members but we did a bit of service and we found a person that is very positive about accepting the Gospel. So we`ll see where that goes. Other than that this week we didn't really travel that much.

We have found a very big problem in our area. Even though the attendance to church is climbing almost no one is able to do visits with us. So it`s been really hard because a lot of times we aren't able to go into houses. We're trying to figure out a solution so we'll keep working. 

Seriously I love this area. The people are so good and a lot of people are interested. A lot are really Catholic but that`s ok. We are teaching a really Catholic man. His wife and son are members and he and one other son aren`t. We haven't been able to get to him but recently we have started focusing on the Book of Mormon. He absolutely loves it. Every time he reads and learns. When we talk about it it`s almost like he`s fighting inside himself to figure out what`s right cause he`s always been Catholic. The Book of Mormon is SO powerful. I love reading it. Seriously that is something that I've learned here. To love the scriptures. Definitely some good stories there...and the Old Testament just makes me laugh.

Ok sorry no more time. Love you guys and hope you have an amazing week.


Elder Layton

No comments:

Post a Comment