Monday, March 24, 2014

Gerson's Conversion

Man another week down...This I think was one of the fastest weeks of my mission. I`m not exactly sure why it was so fast but....it just was. The next week we have changes just so you guys know...it`s possible that I could be changed but I kinda doubt it. If I stay one more I`ll be with my comp. when he goes home. So yeah we`ll see what happens. Already got 3 months in my new area. But seriously I`m loving every second.

So let`s see...Oh just to let you guys know, the reason I haven`t sent any photos lately is cause these computers have a crazy ton of viruses. I had to pay someone to clean up my USB from all the viruses so I kinda just don`t want to use it in these computers anymore...sorry. 

This week was good. We are teaching a lot lately and we are having a bit more luck with working with members. 

This week we had an amazing Branch Conference and The Stake President came to talk with us. He was really clear as to the point of we all need to repent. It was crazy though. He stood up and just calling everyone out as sinners haha. It was really good though and I actually learned a lot. He made a good point, sinning is like having a spiritual credit card. Every time we sin we use the card. We get completely under debt and only by repenting we can be free. If we repent Christ pay the price. He made the point though that we have to pay about 1% too. That price would be the godly sorrow that we should feel in a true repentance. He said that the only other option is to not repent and so that whole debt will be piled onto us at the last day but with a whole bunch of late fees on top of everything. There`s really no reason that every single one of us shouldn't repent. He also said there are only two type of people in the whole world. Those that repent and those that don`t. We are either one or the other. It makes me want to be better thinking about it in that way. I've got a heck of a lot of debt piled up still. I know that only through sincere repentance I can get rid of it. But for that reason I love the Gospel so much.

So let`s see. Oh yeah this week we had a baptism!!! Not really sure if I told you guys about Gerson or not. He is the Brother of a recent convert and when we met him he was really against the Church. He has had an amazing conversion story too. He really had desires to know if it was true even though he never really wanted to hear anything. He started reading the Book of Mormon and he had very direct, very clear answers to his prayers. In like two weeks we saw him turn around and even before his baptism he was telling EVERYONE that he is a Mormon. He`s only 14 years old and at his Catholic school he`s getting a lot of flack for being baptized but he is super happy. 

Now in the family the only person that needs to be baptized is their Dad who came to the baptism on Saturday and Sunday was going to go to church but got really sick. It gave us the opportunity to give him a blessing though which was a great experience. His wife keeps telling us that we have to continue to visit him and we definitely will. I think he`ll be baptized one of these days, the process is just a bit longer than for others. He`s also very Catholic but LOVES the BoM. So yeah coolest story of the week.

It`s pretty hot here. Nothing too bad though. We`re surviving and it`s nice cause because it`s hot everyone here always gives us nice big glasses of juice or coca cola....you guys still don`t drink that right? We drink it like water here......Kinda have to. But hey it`s better to not drink soda! I`m trying to stop drinking so much...it`s tough though cause well....that`s what the people have.

So I hope you guys have a good week. Always remember to repent immediately because it`s not worth waiting! Love you guys and have a good Spring Break!!!!!!!!!!


Élder Layton  

No comments:

Post a Comment