Monday, March 17, 2014

I Began to Feel the Strength of the Spirit Return it Completely Changed Me

What a week. Maybe it wasn't the most perfect week or anything but it was a week that I will remember forever. This area is without a doubt my favorite until this point. I´m learning so much but it seems to me that every time I learn a life lesson it gets harder and harder. But that being said every time I learn a lesson a change more and more.

Basically what happened is awhile ago I had a really interesting Personal Study. I started with the question "Who am I?" I began to find a lot of interesting things and especially when I began to read in the Book of Moses. It was a story that I had heard many times before but this time I understood it. It was when the Lord withdrew from him and he was powerless for the space of hours. What I came to realize is that without the Lord I am completely useless. But with the Lord I have the potential to become something great. I think what happened is I was a very prideful person and well still am maybe a bit. 

During this time I have been coming to the Lord for help for many things and this is one of the things I wanted to change. It was weird though because to me the change seemed impossible, to get rid of my pride and be more humble. I can bear my testimony though once again (I know I have done this like 3 times in a row now) that the promise in Ether 12:27 is true. As soon as I began looking for a change it came...and it hit hard. To tell you the truth for a couple days this week I felt pretty depressed. For once I felt that I was almost good for nothing! Sad right? I felt very incapable of doing what is needed of me. I think for about 2 days this week the Lord gave me an experience kinda like Moses. He needed me to realize that without him I am not as great as maybe I thought I was. I definitely learned my lesson and so a couple days ago when I began to feel the strength of the Spirit return it completely changed me. This has been something that has really helped me and I know I still got a long way to go but hey one more life lesson down a whole bunch to come.

This week other than that has been good too. We reached a record high in our Branch of 96 people in Sacrament meeting with 5 investigators! It really was a miracle and the next miracle will be retaining that attendance. I think the members have been getting really excited and are ready to start working. We got an amazing reference from a member right after the meeting and we visited him the same day. He already knows the church is true and has heard the missionaries before but for his work he hasn't been able to come to church. We felt he didn't understand the importance of the Gospel of Christ and we gave him an AMAZING lesson. The spirit was SO strong and he even began crying. We taught him the life lesson that I received haha. I had told my companion what I learned and he began the lesson with the question "Who are we?" This man (Mynor Martinez) has already accepted a baptismal date and is going to talk to his boss about getting off on Sundays. Really it was one of the most powerful lessons I have been in because he really understood the importance of the Gospel in his life.

I love this Gospel and I know it´s true. Hope you all have an amazing week and that you all read the BoM every day. Mom your store has 8 years to be there???? That´s crazy!!! Anyways you guys are great and like always enjoy carpet for me. 


Adios. Hasta la proxima.  

No comments:

Post a Comment