Friday, June 13, 2014

A Lifelong Process

I've got to say it. This has been a very stressful week. We've been working hard but we didn't have the awaited fruits of the week. We were going to have another baptism but she has to have an interview with President Stay so we had to postpone it. She will get baptized though and everything should be ok.

Anyways good job Curtis for making Jazz Band!! That's so awesome. He should have fun. Also in pit orchestra he'll learn a lot. To answer your questions, yes the same songs get very annoying. I can still remember all the songs from Bye Bye Birdie. That song will never leave my head but playing for 2 hours isn't TOO bad. You have time to rest between each song. Man that's crazy I'm going to be there with you to watch it!! It should be fun though. But shreck? Really? That's kinda weird.

Anyways as I was saying this week has been stressful. I feel like on the steep climb to perfection I've hit a huge wall. There are so many things that I have to do but I don't feel like I've been able to do all I need to. I'm really trying to work hard but I've been so tired this last week that I haven't been able to do a ton of stuff. Our area is doing alright but it isn't in it's high point. It has a lot of potential we just need to start working hard to find and baptize. I think really what I need to focus on right now is my faith in Jesus Christ. Weird right? almost 2 years of a mission testifying of Him every day and I need to have more faith? I've learned that really it's a lifelong process which will never be over. My love for Him needs to increase and that should be my only motivation for working. I love this gospel but maybe still my testimony has some room for growth.

We had a good week but also this week we didn't have much time in the area. We had to go to the capital and we had a couple of meetings. I've been learning a lot from President Stay and he is making preparations to go home. On June 28th he leaves and the new President will get here. Basically what he told us is that the mission lies on our shoulders. If we work the Mission's culture after will be to work. If we slack off and use the change as an excuse to work less that will be the culture of the mission.


I know this is Christ's church. I know that this work is the most important thing in the whole world and for some reason He has trusted ME to do it. I'll keep working here and hopefully we have a baptism this week! Have an awesome week everybody! Love you guys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment